7 things not to expect from Weebly
1. Do not install and use too many apps provided by Weebly
Weebly provides various types of apps through the App Center. I also installed and used various apps such as before-after effect, a color box app, a team card, and a translator app in the early days. However, as time went on, I realized that doing a poster for a blog was time consuming. In other words, if you install a lot of these apps, it will take a lot of time while you post. It felt like a test of patience to me.
How to speed it up, if weebly running slow?
Currently, I have removed only two apps (H1, RSS FEED). This made my internet speed much faster.
2. Think carefully about the name of the image you are uploading. The names must never overlap.
The folder where Weebly manages images is in the same folder, so if you upload an image with the same name as a previously uploaded image, it will overwrite the existing post. You'll get in a lot of trouble because it's hard to find where the overwritten image is. After experiencing this a few times, I capture the image I use and upload the captured image. This will prevent you from unknowingly creating an image with the same name.
Image overwriting error in Weebly
3. Please note that your posts on Weebly are not backed up.
Weebly also has a restoring feature for backing up your site.
I have sorted this out in a previous post.
Weebly website backup and restoration
However, the backup function provided by Weebly does not apply to blog posts. You must remember this.
4. If you want to create a blog on Weebly and search for the content of your posts, you need to upgrade to the Pro service. And if this is also a burden, please refer to the site below.
How to create blog pagination in Weebly.
5. Are the data protection features provided by Weebly effective? It's my experience.
I paid a certain amount for the data protection service provided by Weebly and added it. This was to prevent hacking or harmful posts. However, even after applying for this service, many harmful postings have been posted for a while. In the end, I gave up on data protection. Instead, I captured and posted it whenever a valid posting came up. Rather, this analog method is helping to prevent harmful postings.
6. Bored of the layouts provided by Weebly? If you want to change it, coding is required. Unlike other blogs, Weebly has difficulty changing the layout of a blog once it has been fixed. If you want to change the width of the post (as in my case) you have to change the code like the site below. I'm an artist, but at this moment I was excited because I felt like I had become a programmer.
A good little tip for Weebly: Save space
7. If you want to change the font of the whole Weebly.
The way is very close. But it's hidden and will be hard to find. Please refer to the method below
How do I change the text color on my website?
In addition to the above items, there were some inconveniences while using Weebly. So, there are many people who often want to switch from Weebly to Word Process. But I still use Weebly. The reason for this is that element functions as an image-based interface. As an image thinker, memorizing and interpreting images is much easier and faster than text or code. So I prefer Weebly and still enjoy using it. Personally, I hope that this will be improved so that I can become a more powerful Weebly user.
Myungja Anna Koh