A. Colonial Period and Independence.
58. What is one reason colonists came to America? freedom, political liberty, religious freedom, economic opportunity, practice their religion, escape persecution.
59. Who lived in America before the Europeans arrived? America Indians, Native Americans.
60. What group of people was taken to America and sold as slaves? Africans, people from Africa.
61. Why did the colonists fight the British? because of high taxes(taxation without representation), the British army stayed in their houses(boarding, quartering), they didn't have self-government.
62. Who wrote the Declaration of Independence? Thomas Jefferson.
Thomas Jefferson wrote the Declaration of Independence. Thomas Jefferson was an important political leader and thinker. He wanted to create a government for the United States that protected individual rights. Thomas Jefferson wrote that the United States was free from Britain.
63. When was the Declaration of Independence adopted? July 4, 1776
64. There were 13 original states. Name three. New Hampshire, mASSACHUSETTS, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia
65. What happened at the Constitutional Convention? The Constitution was written, The Founding Fathers wrote the Constitution.
The Founding Fathers of the United States, or simply the Founding Fathers or Founders, were a group of American revolutionary leaders who united the Thirteen Colonies, led the war for independence from Great Britain, and built a frame of government for the new United States of America upon classical liberalism and republican principles during the later decades of the 18th century. by Wikipedia
66. When was the Constitution written? 1787
67. The Federalist Papers supported the passage of the U.S.Constitution. Name one of the writers. James Madison, Alexander Hamilton, John Jay, Publius.
68. What is one thing Benjamin Franklin is famous for? U.S.diplomat, oldest member of the Constitutional Convention, first Postmaster General of the United States, writer of Poor Richard's Almanac, started the first free libraries.
Franklin became the first postmaster general of the United States in 1775. He created the postal, or mail, system in the United States. Also, he started the first free libraries. Later, he was a U.S. diplomat.
69. Who is the Father of Our Country? George Washington.
George Washington is called the "Father of Our Country." He was the general of the American army during the War of Independence. He was the first president of the United States. He became a symbol for the new government. His image is on the one-dollar bill.
70. Who was the first President? George Washington.
71. What territory did the United States buy from France in 1803? the Louisiana Territory, Louisiana.
72. Name one war fought by the United States in the 1800s. War fo 1812, Mexican-American War, Civil war, Spanish-American War
73. Name the U.S. war between the North and the South: the Civil War, the War between the States.
74. Name one problem that led to the Civl War: Slavery, economic reasons, states's rights
75. What was one important thing that Abraham Lincoln did? freed the slaves(Emancipation Proclamation), saved(or preserved) the Union, led the United States during the Civil War.
76. What did the Emancipation Proclamation do? Freed the slaves, freed slaves in the Confederacy, freed slaves in the Confederate States, freed slaves in most Southern states.
77. What didi Susan B. Anthony do? fought for women's rights, fought for civil rights.
C: Recent American History and other important Historical Information
78. Name one war fought by the United States in the 1900s. : Word War I, World War II, Korean War, Vietnam War, Persian Gulf War
79. Who was President during World War I ? Woodrow Wilson.
80. Who was President during the Great Depression and World War II ? Franklin Roosevelt.
81. Who did the United States fight in World War II ? Japan, Germany, and Italy.
82. Before he was President, Eisenhower was a general. What war was he in? World War II.
83. During the Cold War, what was the main concern of the United States? Communism
84. What movement tried to end racial discrimination? civil rights movement
85. What did Martin Luther King, JR.do? fought for civil rights, worked for equality for all Americans.
86. What major event happened on September 11, 2001, in the United States?
Terrorists attacked the United States.
87. Name one American Indian tribe in the United States: Cherokee, Sioux, Chippewa, Choctaw, Pueblo, Apache, Iroquois, Creek, Blackfeet, Seminole, Cheyenne, Arawak, Shawnee, Mohegan, Huron, Oneida, Lakota, Crow, Teton, Hopi, Inuit.
Myungja Anna Koh
|Myungja Anna Koh||
ArtIST'S DIARY ...