Civics (History and Government) Questions for the Naturalization Test.
A. Principles of American Democracy.
* Principles of American Democracy.
1. What is the supreme law of the land? the Constitution
2. What does the Constitution do?
sets up the government/ defines the government/protects basic rights of Americans
3. The idea of self-government is in the first three words of the Constitution. What are these words? We the People
4. What is an amendment? a change(to the Constitution)/ an addition(to the Constitution)
An amendment: changes made to the Constitution are called amendment. All must be proposed and ratified a formal process.
5. What do we call the first ten amendments to the Constitution? the Bill of Rights
The Bill of Rights is the first 10 Amendments to the Constitution. It spells out Americans' rights in relation to their government. It guarantees civil rights and liberties to the individual—like freedom of speech, press, and religion.
6. What is one right or freedom from the First Amendment? speech/ religion/ assembly/ press/ petition the government
7. How many amendments does the Constitution have? twenty-seven.
8. What did the Declaration of Independence do? announced our independence ( from Great Britain)/ declared our independence (from Great Britain)/ said that the United States if free(from Great Britain)
The Declaration of Independence was the first formal statement by a nation's people asserting their right to choose their own government
9. What are two rights in the Declaration of Independence? life/ liberty/pursuit of happiness
10. What is freedom of religion? You can practice any religion, or not practice a religion.
11. What is the economic system in the United States? capitalist economy/ market economy
12. What is the rule of law? Everyone must follow the law/ Leaders must obey the law/ Government must obey the law/ No one is above the law.
Myungja Anna Koh
Risk Weather by Girin Instruments